Saturday, May 25, 2013

Who says Gluten Free has to taste bad??

So my family has recently started a Gluten Free diet! Yay! Personally have been wanting to do this for quite some time now but my husband has been very skeptical, assuming that all GF meals taste bad, so I decided to prove him wrong :) After looking through many recipes and narrowing it down to the one I really wanted to try I decided on Double Chocolate chunk Cookies, and let me tell you they tasted very good! AND they are now husband (and kid) approved! 


Recipe As Follows:

 -8oz of Bittersweet Chocolate, 4oz coursely chopped and 4oz melted {I used chocolate chips, as well as a shot glass to measure the ounces 1 SG = 1 oz. (don't judge me lol)}

 -1 1/2 c Almond Flour -1/2 c Unsweetened Natural Cocoa

-1/2 tsp Baking Soda -1/2 tsp Sea Salt

 -1 Stick Butter {Vegan butter can be used as a replacement}

 -1 c Coconut Sugar {I actually used honey because I forgot that at the store} 

 -2 Large Eggs {Egg Substitute for a Vegas option}

 -1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract 

 Directions:

 -Preheat oven to 350 Degrees

 - Melt have of the chocolate on stove

 -In a bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix together

 -Add cubed butter and mix together until resembles coarse cornmeal. Add the eggs, vanilla, and melted chocolate and mix until dough is smooth. Fold in chopped chocolate.


 -Drop heaping TBS of dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheets . Bake until just set {about 8-10 min} rotating the cookie sheets halfway through <--- font="" nbsp="">

-Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely. 


Overall these cookies were great! They were soft and will crumble very easily so I recommend eating them over a plate! Excited to share more recipes in the future! *Tiff* :)

1 comment: